Saturday, June 04, 2005

Piano lessons & someday guitar

It seems like everyone has taken piano lessons before, but I think it was a really important activity for me growing up. I started taking lessons when I was 10. Kind of late start, and I didn’t expect to be a professional pianist or anything. I just wanted to know how to play. And my piano teacher Shirley Chen was wonderful. She only charged $10 a lesson and she gave me little treats after lessons and concerts.

I think the most expensive thing my mom has gotten me was my Yamaha 48” upright piano (over $4000). I’d like to play it more often when I’m there. Actually, I would really like to learn to play the guitar. Back in 2002 (I think), I bought a $99 on a sparkly Blue Danelectro from Pepperland in Orange, CA and it’s been gathering dust since I got it. Some day, I’d really like to know how to play it. I’ve had plenty of time to try and teach myself, but I just can’t figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!