Saturday, July 23, 2005

Leeds Festival 2002: The year of the infamous riots

An amazing experience, tons of great bands played… I’m still impressed with who I saw even looking back on it today. I met a couple of really cool Welsh girls who helped me a lot when I’d arrived with too much luggage and forgotten my tent poles. I was very lucky to have run into them. As I mentioned in the title, there were riots that included people setting toilets on fire with police helicopters flying around at night. It was very “Apocalypse Now.” Here’s that unforgettable line-up:

Leeds Festival – Friday 23 August until Sunday 25 August 2002




Aug. 23:
Main Stage: Guns ‘N Roses, Prodigy, Puddle of Mudd
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Spiritualized, And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead, Cornershop, Haven, Six by Seven, The Shining
Carling Stage: Biffy Clyro




Aug. 24
Main Stage: The Strokes, Pulp, The White Stripes, Dandy Warhols
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Feeder, The Electric Soft Parade,
Guided By Voices
The Boutique Stage: Ladytron, Dot Allison
Carling Stage: British Sea Power




Aug. 25:
Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Muse, Ash, The Hives, A, Less Than Jake, Andrew WK
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cooper Temple Clause

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!