Friday, March 25, 2011

Vacation

I had the day off today, but I feel like I have been on vacation for the past 2 weeks. Not because I haven't been working, but because my mom has been out of town. If you ever met my mom, you might understand why. Even talking on the phone with her can be so frustrating. I know I'm past the age where I should be living at my mom's house, but while she was living in Irvine - I was the only one living here. It's a pretty big house for one person (and a cat), so it wasn't as fun as it sounds.

Having lots of space is nice though it clearly is a bit lonely. I do like my alone time as much as any introvert, but having someone to share my space with isn't that bad. I've had a few roommates during college and it can be fun. I even enjoyed sharing a 3 bedroom apartment with 5 other females. I guess it really depends on how close you are with the people you live with. At the time, I did feel close to them but I didn't really keep in touch with them much after college. Most of them went on to professional and graduate schools and I was still figuring out what to do with my life.

I have a better idea of what I want to do now, but there's always a lot of uncertainty about anything. I don't mind working, I just wish I could get more done in my off time. Today was nice because I had time to relax and clean up a bit. I still have much more to do, but I am feeling better about how things are around the house and I will try to get more done during the rest of the weekend. I would like to get more things listed on my online stores since I still have tons of stuff.

I am still considering a move to San Francisco for a few reason:

1) many web design/development jobs there
2) related tech conferences
3) more local video game companies (if my boyfriend wants to get testing jobs there)
4) much more interesting night life
5) better public transportation
6) my dad and brother are still living there and my sister and her family are also not too far away.

The main things against the decision to move are:

1) colder weather than Southern California
2) not good to move my cat or leave her with my mom
3) too much stuff at home that I need to sell
4) it's more expensive to live there
5) my options of places to live in SF are not that great
6) I don't really like moving

I actually think visiting San Francisco is more fun than actually living there. I consider Southern California more my home since I've lived here most of my life. Both me and my boyfriend have friends and family here, so it does make more sense to stay here. There are good jobs here, I just need to find them. My mom's house is really nice, and I can deal with my mom better if I just talk to her. She's more understanding when I explain certain things to her and I kind of feel moving is like running away. That's what my brother wanted to do in dealing with my dad, but I think I can handle my mom if I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!