Monday, March 28, 2011

San Francisco Popfest 2011

This event has been happening every year since 2009, which is a good sign for indie pop music. I am more interested in the bands this year than last and I will hopefully attend 3 out of the 5 shows. I'm thinking Thursday, Saturday, and the free show in Dolores Park. Those afternoon shows are always fun even if you can't here the bands as well. The pass for all the shows is only $60, but I got one it in 2009 and was exhausted!  I think just going to a few of the shows will make it more fun and relaxing for me. I'm a little curious about the Friday night show, but I would be fine with just the 3 that seem most interesting to me.

Full Schedule 

Wednesday, May 25 
The Rickshaw Stop 
   - Fujiya & Miyagi  
   - Blackbird Blackbird
   - plus support TBA 
  
Thursday, May 26  
CafĂ© du Nord 
   - Dominant Legs
   - Aberdeen
   - The Motifs  
   - Sweater Girls
  
Friday, May 27 
The Rickshaw Stop
   - The Undertones
   - Allo Darlin’
   - The Mantles
   - The Smittens 

Saturday, May 29 
The Rickshaw Stop  
Slumberland Records Then & Now Showcase:

   - 14 Iced Bears 
   - Phil Wilson (of The June Brides)  
   - Neverever
   - The Art Museums
   - Devon Williams
   - Brilliant Colors

   - Terry Malts
   - Sea Lions
   - Kids on a Crime Spree 
   - English Singles
  
Sunday, May 30 
Acoustic afternoon picnic show at Dolores park 
   - Surprise Lineup!
  
Sunday, May 30 
Hemlock Tavern 
   - Eternal Summers
   - The Beets
   - Catwalk 
   - Seapony   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!