Sunday, March 13, 2011

New job starts tomorrow!

After a week of waiting, I got word on Friday that my new contract position starts tomorrow!  I've been sleeping a lot last week, so I hope waking up around 6:30 to 7 AM won't be too hard. I have been wrestling a lot with the new Wordpress blog and somehow managed to get it working today. I moved it to the main server rather than directory and it seems to be working fine. My boyfriend helped me fix the database access to the backend and it's working. There are some SQL database issues I'm not sure about, but I hope to fix those soon.

Most people know about the massive earthquake in Japan, which combined with Tsunamis has leveled cities and started nuclear meltdowns. It's scary how little we can do against the forces of nature and it's so sad how much death and destruction was caused by the earthquake and it's many aftershocks. Even though we are used to them in So Cal, nothing as big as an 8.9 quake has happened here. The 1906 earthquake in San Francisco was estimated at 7.9 magnitude, and it pretty much destroyed the city. Considering there are over 1000 dead and hundreds more missing in Japan, the damage is immense.

It is really sad about the earthquake, I really hope Japan can recover from the huge amount of loss due to this unexpected disaster. It's hard to know what we can do to help other than just donate money, I guess that's all most people can do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!