Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Chapter of Your Life Entitled San Francisco

I'm headed back to San Francisco with my boyfriend for a few days starting on Thursday night. It will be nice to be back since I haven't seen my dad and brother since the beginning of December. I have a bunch of stuff to bring him and my dad. I even have some things for my sister and my niece, who have birthdays coming up in March. I hope to see my sister and her family since it has been awhile. Some friends from Sacramento may also be there for Interpol at the Warfield. My boyfriend likes SF a lot, so it's a good place to celebrate his birthday. We will be able to use our MacWorld Expo passes for the exhibition hall at Moscone Center. Should be fun since I've never been to MacWorld before.

In preparation for the trip, I am returning some clothes and beauty products to Sephora, Victoria's Secret, and Body Shop. I will probably resume listing stuff on ebay after I come back, since it makes more sense to list stuff when I am home to ship it all out. I'm mostly just relaxing at home while also trying to clean up and get more organized. I still have tons of yarn and clothes to sell, so I've got a lot to do in preparation to selling. I've recently discovered a really cool review website called Blippy.com, it links to a lot of online accounts to allow you to review purchases. I like the interface design and customizability of the site, not to mention that there seems to be a lot of cool people using it.

Here's my account: http://blippy.com/liane_chan

In case you're wondering, the title of this post refers to a nice song by the Lucksmiths - one of those cool Australian indie pop bands that many people have never heard of. I guess they based the songs on an actual book, but I've never read it so I can't say what the book is about.

2 comments:

  1. I want to be a writer! and your profile says you write for the examiner! Check out my stuff? Tips please? http://kyleejo21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of writing are you interested in doing? I still consider myself more of a hobby journalist, since the Examiner thing is just whenever I feel like writing. It takes a lot more time and study to be professional journalist. I have a cousin who does freelance journalism in New York, and she has a Master's in Journalism from Columbia.

    Creative writing is a different thing entirely, but it's also probably even harder to succeed at because it requires getting your work read and published. Whichever one you are interested in, blogging is a good way to improve your writing and get people to read it.

    Your blog looks very nice, the theme is very unique. Some of the posts are hard to read due to the colors blending into the background. A friend of mine writes a popular food blog called Poor Girl Eats Well, and has even self-published a recipe book. Even though she does make a decent amount on ad revenue, she still has a full time job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!