Sunday, June 13, 2010

so many blogs... so little time!

After a bit of tweaking to this blog, I've decided to start writing here again. I was going back and forth between this one and my old Xanga, but I think the improvements to the Blogger templates makes this one better. Plus, I somehow manage to get 8 hits a day here, which is surprising because I haven't posted in months. I have a travel blog on my own domain, but it's an iWeb site and I'll only update that after a trip of some sort. This will be my normal place for me to write about what's on my mind.

A lot has happened since my last post. Just last month, I got a job doing actual web design full-time (though it is a long term contract position). I really like my company, the commute is not bad, my co-workers are great (and most are new too), benefits are good, and the cafeteria is excellent. I enjoy the work and it's actually what I want to be doing with my life.

Aside from working, I'm planning to go to Anime Expo at the beginning of next month. It'll be exciting since the last time I went was in 1992 (it's 2nd year) when it was still in Anaheim and only 1 day. Now it's 4 days long (though the last day is shorter) and at the LA Convention Center. I managed to reserve a reasonably priced and well review hotel that is fairly close to the Convention Center. I'm still waiting to get my 2 days off of work approved, so there's a little uncertainty.

I have been a bit more selective about concerts lately, partly due to financial reasons and also partly due to not knowing what's going on in music these days. I did go to a bunch of BRMC shows, Coachella, some Amoeba instores, and a concert with a bunch of Japanese bands. I don't mind being more selective about shows, it is a bit tiring to be out late for concerts and I am working more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!