Monday, July 23, 2007

Thrift Store Finds + Eskimo Joe

Not much new to discuss, I've been getting back into designer jeans thanks to finding a pair of Blue Cult jeans at the local ARC for only $6. They're tight and long on me, but I could lose weight and wear heels with it. The price for fashion is high... Speaking of thrift stores, I was at Goodwill today and picked up a live Radiohead CD for 99 cents, Interpol's Black EP for $2.99 and Tori Amos's Strange Little Girls for $2.99, exciting finds! As for new music, someone at Rykodisc sent me a CD by an Australian band called Eskimo Joe along with a bottle of red beaujolais! I don't even drink wine and it's a small bottle, but it's still really awesome! Anyways, I listened to the CD last night and it was really good! Check out this digital sampling of 3 of the band’s songs....

www.sendspace.com/file/p02xi5

They also contribute a cover of John Lennon's Mind Games to one of the Make Some Noise, The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur CDs that I just got. I haven't listened to it yet, but there are lots of good artists on it. I put a player up on my Facebook account, which I'll send a link to if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!