Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Jesus and Mary Chain at Coachella!

Yes, the JAMC reunion was probably the one thing I was most excited about for this Coachella. They sounded great to me and I enjoyed most of the songs despite the couple next to me dry humping along. Also, Scarlett Johansson's vocals for "Just Like Honey" were very unpleasant. She sounded like she was trying to make her normally deep voice all high and squeaky. I recorded most of the set on my trusty camera corder, but uploading might take awhile. I'm sure someone else already put it up on YouTube by now. I have a horrible memory remembering the setlist. I think it was close to what they played at the Glass House:

The setlist:

"Never Understand"
"Head On"
"Far Gone and Out"
"Sidewalking"
"Snakedriver"
"Happy When It Rains"
"Some Candy Talking"
"Between Planets"
"Blues From A Gun"
"Cracking Up"
"All Things (New Song!)
"Teenage Lust"
"Just Like Honey (Scarlett Johansson on background vocals)"
"Reverence"

Here are some photos my brother took at the beginning of the set:

P1020200

P1020190

P1020185

P1020171

The rest of the photos are on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!