Monday, August 15, 2005

Leeds Festival 2002: The year of the infamous riots

I’ve finally gotten around to typing out my journal from Leeds 2002

An amazing experience, tons of great bands played… I’m still impressed with who I saw even looking back on it today. I met a couple of really cool Welsh girls who helped me a lot when I’d arrived with too much luggage and forgotten my tent poles. I was very lucky to have run into them. As I mentioned in the title, there were riots that included people setting toilets on fire with police helicopters flying around at night. It was very “Apocalypse Now.” Here’s that unforgettable line-up:




Leeds Festival – Friday 23 August until Sunday 25 August 2002




Aug. 23:
Main Stage: Guns ‘N Roses, Prodigy, Puddle of Mudd
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Spiritualized, And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead, Cornershop, Haven, Six by Seven, The Shining
Carling Stage: Biffy Clyro




Aug. 24
Main Stage: The Strokes, Pulp, The White Stripes, Dandy Warhols
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Feeder, The Electric Soft Parade,
Guided By Voices
The Boutique Stage: Ladytron, Dot Allison
Carling Stage: British Sea Power




Aug. 25:
Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Muse, Ash, The Hives, A, Less Than Jake, Andrew WK
Radio 1 Evening Session Stage: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cooper Temple Clause

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lianne! I can only guess that you spent most of your time by the Radio 1 stage, lol. You should check out my podcast tommorrow, the 17th, as I will be featuring up and coming recently signed and unsigned indie and lo-fi bands. You may get a kick out of it. My podcast today was acoustic in nature. It is getting pretty popular. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!