Tuesday, July 26, 2005

43 Songs, a.k.a. The Soundtrack of My Life: A Film for the Future

43 Songs, 23 categories, on 2 sides. Let me know what you think:

Side 1
1. me (3): Caesars “Fun & Games”, Ash “Girl From Mars”, Sleeper “What Do I Do Now?”
2. moods (2): Dubstar “Not So Manic Now”, B.R.M.C. “High/Low”
3. interests (2): Bjork “Human Behaviour”, Jimi Hendrix “Manic Depression”
4. Kitty: Takako Minekawa “Fantastic Cat”
5. brother (2): My Vitriol “Always Your Way”, Bjork “Army of Me”
6. procrastination (2): Suede “Lazy”, Charlatans “Can’t Get Out of Bed”
7. past/present (2): Idlewild “Self-Healer”, “A Film for the Future”
8. parents (2): Dogs Die In Hot Cars “I Love You ‘Cause I Have To”, XTC “Making Plans for Nigel”
9. travels: Blur “On Your Own”
10. education: XTC “Mayor of Simpleton”
11. doubts: XTC “Dear God”, B.R.M.C. “White Palms”




Side 2
1. friends (2): British Sea Power “Remember Me”, B.R.M.C. “Shade of Blue”
2. inspiration: Radiohead “Anyone Can Play Guitar”
3. So Cal (3): Moby (w/Gwen Stefani) “Southside”, B.R.M.C. “Down Here”, Raveonettes “Ode to L.A.”
4. infatuation (2): Real Tuesday Weld “(Still) Terminally Ambivalent Over You”, Talulah Gosh “Beatnik Boy”
5. lust (2): Catherine Wheel “I Want to Touch You”, Elastica “Stutter”
6. musicians (2): Heavenly “Cool Guitar Boy”, “Starshy”
7. sister: Chemical Brothers “Galvanize”
8. college (2): Lush “I’ve Been Here Before”, Echo & the Bunnymen “The Cutter”
9. jobs (2): Echo & the Bunnymen “Never Stop”, Avalanches “Since I Left You”
10. Christmas (2): Raveonettes “The Christmas Song”, The Three Wise Men (XTC) “Thanks For Christmas”
11. music: The Jesus & Mary Chain “Far Gone & Out”
12. depression (2): Garbage “Silence is Golden”, “Breaking Up the Girl”